northwest territories Food Safety Regulations
If your business is operating in the Northwest Territories you must comply with the following legislation:
Managing Food Safety is an approved course in the Northwest Territories.
Excerpt from the regulations:
- (1) In this section, "permanent food establishment" means a food establishment that operates, or that is required to operate, under an annual food establishment permit.
(2) An operator shall not operate a permanent food establishment unless he or she has successfully completed a food safety program acceptable to the Chief Public Health Officer.
(3) An operator of a permanent food establishment shall, at the request of the Chief Public Health Officer, provide proof of successful completion of an acceptable food safety program.
(4) An operator of a permanent food establishment shall ensure that at least one operator or food establishment worker who has completed an acceptable food safety program is present in the food establishment during its hours of operation. R-055-2019,s.17.
- (1) An operator shall provide each food establishment worker with sufficient instruction or training on the safe and sanitary handling of food to enable the worker to effectively participate in the promotion of food safety in the food establishment.
(2) An operator shall, at the request of the Chief Public Health Officer, provide information demonstrating compliance with subsection (1).
Food safety Legislation